Monday, July 28, 2008

Fourth of July

This Fourth of July, Evelyn and David were here. I rode my bike in the morning and I went through a puddle and got my white shirt all wet. So, I had to change to a red shirt. Then we went to the parade and got like 10 pounds of Candy! Before that, we went to a family BBQ and we had cake and ice cream 'cause it was my uncle Clayton's birthday. Then we got home. Before fireworks, I went to my friend Marissa's house and we did sparklers and pops. Then we put little pill things on the ground and we lit them on fire and they turned into ash snakes. Then I went to watch fireworks with my friend Marina. While we were watching fireworks, there was a big fire on a hill by my friend Hannah's house. It was pretty much next door to her house. She was in Boulder, so she didn't see it, but somebody was taking care of their house and their dog and they took pictures of it. Now the hill is black. On the 24th of July it was pretty much a normal day, but when it got dark we did sparklers, it was fun. I can't think of anything else, so over and out. -->Ashley

2 comments:

J said...

that's scary that their house was so close to the fire. The kids that are staying at my house from Estonia left the oven on all night. I'm glad I noticed this morning and our house wasn't caught on fire. Hopefully that doesn't happen while we are gone.

Anonymous said...

July sounds like the funnest time of the year but I like Christmas Better.
your best friend