Monday, April 28, 2014

Perks of being the Older Sibling...

   So technically I am not the oldest kid in my family but since Andrew is on his mission I get to take the claim for now..
   You know, people seem to think the oldest sibling is in charge but there are pros and cons to everything and this is definitely not an exception so here I am just going to give you a few examples of what I am talking about.

Pro: No matter how many kids in your family are old enough, if you are going on a car ride with only one parent you get dibs on the front seat. No questions asked.

Con: Siblings will complain that you always get the front seat so then you have to come up with some sort of deal.

Pro: Sometimes you are in charge and get to tell them what to do.

Con: But then sometimes your not.

Pro: If you don't have something, there are 3 other kids down the line with the something you could possibly need. If and only if you ask.

Con: Everything you have has some sort of way of being theirs also. And once again, if you borrow their stuff you end up making some kind of deal.

Con: No matter what happened or who did it, it is your fault. Especially in the morning.
(It's a good thing I am a good morning person ;) )

Pro: You get the satisfaction of helping them and they will be thankful for it later.

Con: However, the satisfaction doesn't always come right away and the Thank You isn't usually to you, it's more like;
"Oh good, at least I woke up on time today so I wasn't late."
Not,
"Oh Thanks Ash, I would have been late if you didn't wake me up when I was still asleep this morning"

Pro: I have an awesome family. And when we are all in a good mood we have a blast!

I do have to admit, sometimes I am a little pesky as well.. Sometimes. Not often ;)
But Hey! What comes around goes around right?? ;P
Anyway.... Have a Fabulous Day!! :D

-->Ashley ;)

No comments: